Job Vacancy: Bid Coordinator
QHS are seeking a Bid Coordinator to join our team, reporting directly to the Business Development Director. This role is a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual to develop their technical and commercial writing skills, leading to a career in bid writing and tender management.
QHS is a business-to-business company, with new business won via a structured bid process. The day-to-day role will involve assisting the Business Development Director in producing high quality tender documents. Specifically, this involves writing detailed accounts of how the business operates in response to a series of qualitative questions.
The ideal candidate will have strong copy writing skills, with the ability to write in a persuasive and engaging manner. Experience of producing business documents or writing for an audience (i.e. newsletters, blog) would be an added bonus. Training will be provided on the job, with the opportunity to attend external courses in the field.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to put their mark on the marketing and business development plans, bringing their own ideas and creativity to the company.
- Relevant industry experience or predicted or achieved upper second-class honours (2:1) in a Marketing or Business Studies degree. Related fields will also be considered
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce clear and engaging copy
- Ability to create interesting visuals e.g. charts, flow diagrams, photos etc to enhance written content
- The ability to work autonomously, prioritising workload to meet deadlines
- A positive and inquisitive nature, with the will and interest to learn and improve
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to produce
- Strong academic background
- Respond to qualitative questions posed by potential new clients, utilising bullet points, diagrams and flow charts to explain how the business operates
- Organise and format business reports, collaborating with the Business Development Director to prioritise and delegate work
- Responsibility for updating the company website www.qhs.co.uk and blog, including an element of creativity around content plan and topics
- Collate information and intelligence from tender specification documents and report back on trends for requirements
- Email your CV and a short statement of what’s attracted you to this opportunity to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Mentoring and progression advice
- Sector specific training